Pumpkin wedges are a healthy substitute to potato fries as pumpkin is very low in calories and contains loads of beta carotene, which is a strong antioxidant. They are also rich in potassium and magnesium.
Pumpkin (small) - 1 no.
Chili flakes - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp
Cumin - 1 tsp
Dried basil - 1 tsp
Curry powder - 1/4 tsp
Olive oil - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
- • Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cover the inside of the baking tray with aluminum foil.
- • Peel and chop the pumpkin into triangles or wedges
- • Transfer the contents into a bowl and add the remaing ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- • Place the wedges on the tray in a single layer, and bake them in the oven until golden brown.
- • Serve hot.
- • Note:can shallow fry in non- stick pan ,if you don’t want to use oven.