• 2 tsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
• 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
• 4 cups vegetable stock
• 2 tbsp chopped carrots
• 1 tbsp chopped tomatoes
• salt to taste
• 1/4 cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes.
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- • Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté over a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- • Add the vegetable stock, carrots, tomatoes, spinach and salt, mix well and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- • Mix well until the sugar dissolves completely.
- • Add the barley mix well and simmer for another minute.
- • Remove from the flame, add the oregano and red chilli flakes and mix well.
- • Serve immediately garnished with coriander.