Bruschetta is a healthy Italian recipe .Bruschetta bites that are made with natural, fresh ingredientsmelt-in-your-mouth and gives a refreshing taste.
Whole wheat bread - 1/4 loaf
Tomato - 1 no.
Sweet corn - 1/4 cup.
Onion - 1 no.
Bell pepper (Capsicum) - 1/2 no.
Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Green chili paste - 1 tsp
Basil - few leaves or 2 tsp dried powder
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Mixed dry herbs - 1 tsp
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- • Heat oil in a vessel, sauté garlic paste and finely diced onions.
- • Add finely chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, basil, herbs, and salt.
- • Mash tomatoes lightly (to form a coarse paste) and sauté until tomatoes are cooked properly (5-7 min). Remove from the flame and let it cool.
- • Meanwhile, dice the capsicum and steam the corn.
- • Cut 1/2 inch thick bread slices.
- • Spread the tomato mixture on one side of each bread slice and top it with capsicum and corn.
- • Arrange the bread slices on a baking tray and bake at 180°C for 5-10 min or until the bread becomes crisp.
( If you are without an oven, you can simply add a slice of low fatcheese and melt that right on the bread along with spread in your microwave for about 30 seconds)
- • Serve hot with an Italian dip.