Diet pakode are low calorie pakode made out of bottle Gourd. Bottle gourd is a very low calorie vegetable rich in antioxidants.
Bottle gourd - 1 cup
Pumpkin (ripe) - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
Coriander leaves - few
Green chilies - 1-2 no.
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Garam masala - to taste
Chili powder - to taste
- • Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- • Peel and mash bottle gourd and pumpkin. Add a pinch of salt to it. let it stand for 5 mins. Then squeeze the extra water from bottle gourd.
- • Add wheat flour, chopped coriander, garam masala, chili powder and salt. Mix well.
- • Make vade out of this mixture and roll in sesame seeds.
- • Brush with oil and bake till brown.
- • Serve hot with curd or green chutney