This tasty, zero fat snack is a cereal - pulse combination, giving you good quality proteins along with benefits of probiotic rich curds.
Split green gram skinless (Dhuli moong dal) - 1/2 cup
Split black gram skinless (Dhuli urad dal) - 1/4 cup
Low fat curds - 2 cup
Green chilies - 2-3 no.
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder / Soda - a pinch
Green chutney - 2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Roasted jeera powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- • Clean, wash and soak dals in 3 cups of water for 2 hr. Drain and grind with ginger and green chillies to form a coarse thick paste.
- • Transfer into a large bowl. Mix well and set aside to ferment for 6-8 hr.
- • Add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and a pinch of baking powder. Mix well.
- • Grease two microwave safe big cups. Pour a spoonful of wada mixture.
- • Cook on microwave HIGH for 1-2 min. Remove and allow it to cool completely and then unmould.
- • Soak them in water for few minutes, till they are soft. Drain and squeeze out any excess water. Place on a serving plate.
- • Pour whisked curds on each of the wada and garnish with the chili powder, cumin powder, green chutney and chopped coriander.
- • Serve chilled.