Oats upma is a good option to start off your day with. It provides valuable fiber, minerals, and vitamins for your body. It is extremely beneficial for diabetics, hypertensives, and people with heart disease.
Oats - 1 cup
Onion - 1 cup
Green chili - 1 tsp
Green peas - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 no.
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- • Roast the oats in a pan without oil for about 3 mins and keep it aside.
- • In a vessel, heat oil. Add the mustard seeds, allow them to crackle, and then add the chopped onion and green chilies. Sauté the onions until translucent.
- • Then add the green peas, and salt and sauté for a few minutes.
- • Add water and allow it to boil for some time and then add the roasted oats.
- • Keep stirring till all the water is absorbed and oats are thoroughly cooked.
- • Serve hot.