Wheat germ is an excellent source of many essential nutrients, especially folic acid. So, this recipe will be very beneficial to people suffering from anemia, those aspiring for a healthy weight gain and nutrition post pregnancy.
Wheat germ - 1/2 cup
Potatoes - 1/4 cups
Spinach (Palak) - 1 no.
Carrot - few leaves
Turmeric powder - 1 no.
Green chili paste - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves- 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- • Boil and mash potatoes. Steam the finely diced carrot and spinach.
- • In a large bowl, mix mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, chopped coriander, soya flour, garlic-ginger and green chili paste, turmeric powder, and half of
the wheat germ.
- • Make small balls from the mixture and flatten to form cutlets. If the dough seems moist, add some more soya flour to thicken it up.
- • Roll the cutlets in the plate containing the remaining wheat germ. Coat evenly.
- • In a non-stick pan, shallow fry the cutlets in minimum oil.
- • Serve hot with green chutney.