Pohe includes lots of vegetables, which are rich in phytochemicals. These antioxidants fight with free radicals and protect our cell. They are also cardio protective and reduce the risk to different types of cancer.
Rice Flakes, thick(can take brown rice poha)- 1 cup
Onion - 1/2 no.
Carrot - 1/2 no.
Beans - 1/4 cup
Red bell-pepper (red capsicum) - 1/2 no.
Green chilies - 1-2 no.
Coriander and curry leaves - few
Oil - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder (haldi) - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- • Dice onion, carrot and capsicum into small cubes.
- • wash pohe for a minute and drain the water.
- • Heat oil in a pan. Add green chillies,curry leaves and onion.
- • When onion turns translucent, add other vegetables. Add salt and haldi.
- • When the vegetables are cooked, add the rice flakes.
(if you are using brown rice pohe,then instantly add them to veggies.Keeping it more than a minute can make it soggy)
- • Cook for a few minutes.
• Garnish with coriander and serve hot.